Abbreviations

OHS-Over head squats 2HS-Two hand swings 1HS-One hand swing CP-Clean and Press PP-Push Press MP-Military Press CJ-Clean and Jerk OALC-One arm long cycle TGU-Turkish Get-Up WU/JM-warm up and joint mobility AMRAP-as many rounds as possible

Friday, August 5, 2011

Aug 5

Wednesday August 3rd
WU/JM x 15min
Repeated method
BB Deadlift x 6 x3-115lb
Close Grip Bench Press x 6 x3 75lbs
Double Front Squat x 6 x 3 (2x12kg)
1 Arm Row x 6L/6R x 3-16kg
Calf Raise x 12L/12R x 3 (2x12kg)
Walking Lunge x 10L/10r (2x12kg)
 Jump Rope x 1'on 30"off x 10min

Friday August 5th
WU/JM x 10min
OAJ x 10L/10R 16kg
Rest 1'
Couplets x 3 sets 90" rest
Cleans x 5 (2x16kg)
Push Press x 5 (2x16kg)
rest 2'
Couplets -rest 60" first 2 rounds then 30" last 3 rounds
Dead Hang Pull-up 5-4-3-2-1
Suitcase Deadlift x 10-8-6-4-2 (2 x24kg)
Rest 2'
Speed Roundhouse kicks on bag 30"R/30"L/30"Rest x 5rounds

My dear friend and one of my favorite people,Sonya joined me at the gym today.  Sonya is one of the most powerfull women I have ever met.  I have hiked many times with Sonya and always left inspired to get stronger(she would smoke me on the hill) 5'2"tall and can out hike any man I know.  Unfortunatly about a year ago Sonya was biking up Pattee Canyon and was struck by a drunk driver and left face down in the road.  She has had to heal several fractures to her vertebrae and hip, repair a torn knee tendon and still has many surgeries to go.  Sonya is forced to live in constant pain. 
We have begun working on joint mobility and very light kettlebell drills to regain strength, balance and mobility. I already see huge improvements. With Sonyas indomnable spirit and perseverance I know we can work her back up to her former self.  I cannot wait to get back to mountaineering with this awesome women.

No comments:

Post a Comment