Abbreviations

OHS-Over head squats 2HS-Two hand swings 1HS-One hand swing CP-Clean and Press PP-Push Press MP-Military Press CJ-Clean and Jerk OALC-One arm long cycle TGU-Turkish Get-Up WU/JM-warm up and joint mobility AMRAP-as many rounds as possible

Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Word on Diet

I have always struggled with controlling my appetite especially since working out with kettlebells.  I have the appetite of a teenage boy, Im hungry all the time.  It has taken me awhile to figure out a way to eat without starving or depriving myself.   I workout usually in the morning so thats when I am most hungry.  I have found that if I consume most of my calories before 11am my appetite levels out the rest of the day.  My body does not like to process proteins and fats in the morning so I have to stick with soluble fibers and carbs early in the morning then I eat proteins and fats around ten.  I can lightly graze on fruits, nuts and veggies the rest of the day and have good dinner at night, usually consisting of game meat and sweet potatoes.  Point being no one diet works for everyone, find what works for you and stick to natural whole foods.  I am more energetic eating the way my body tells me to which allows me to workout harder.  I don't care what any diet or fitness expert says about carbs, I consume them all times of the day and will continue to do so.   Also I pick a cheat day, Friday is beer night for me.
Sample Diet
Banana and Museli for breakfast-6am
Carrot or apple after workout-9am
Lunch-10am usually chicken and brown rice or sandwich on Eileens delicious home made bread(sorry not commercially available yet).
I usually have about 800 calories by this point.
Graze till dinner on veggies, some fruit and nuts
Dinner-around 6 or 7pm elk steak and sweetpotato and salad
Peppermint tea for desert.
Finish out the day with 1400-1700 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment