Abbreviations

OHS-Over head squats 2HS-Two hand swings 1HS-One hand swing CP-Clean and Press PP-Push Press MP-Military Press CJ-Clean and Jerk OALC-One arm long cycle TGU-Turkish Get-Up WU/JM-warm up and joint mobility AMRAP-as many rounds as possible

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Results!

As Ive talked about in past blogs there always seems to be a common theme among my clients,  this month was results.  I have several clients reporting that they are fitting into jeans they have never been able to wear,  some have seen numbers on the scale they haven't seen in years,  Ive seen clients doing multiple dead hang pull ups despite the fact that they could not even do one when they started,  women who told me they didnt want to lift over 20lbs out of fear of injury or bulkiness are doing 90lb deadlifts and doing perfect push ups when they could not do one on their knees just a few weeks prior.  I can go on but I wont.  Point is these clients are seeing results not because Im a good trainer but because they dedicated themselves to their strength training and good nutrition.  They work hard, really hard, and eat proper foods that fuel them, not work against them.  Im so proud of everyone who has been training with me, its been awesome and inspiring to watch all of you gain confidence and strength.  I cant wait to see what the next couple of months brings.

In addition I want to add that the Iron Sport Kids Club is alot of fun.  My favorite part of the kids class is:
"That looks to hard, Im really bad at that"
"Theres no way I can do that"
"Ok Ill try it"
"OMG I did it"
"I want to do it again"
Seeing kids empower themselves to try new things and succeed has been great.  I havent had a lot of experience teaching kids and Ill admit they take advantage of that, but Im learning how trick them into learning new skills without them knowing it.   I find it amusing when ever I dont want them to work on the agility ladder they are all over it, doing perfect drills, but if I ask them to do something they turn into a bunch of knuckleheads.  I know they are listening and learning they just need to do some things on their own terms and Im ok with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment