Abbreviations

OHS-Over head squats 2HS-Two hand swings 1HS-One hand swing CP-Clean and Press PP-Push Press MP-Military Press CJ-Clean and Jerk OALC-One arm long cycle TGU-Turkish Get-Up WU/JM-warm up and joint mobility AMRAP-as many rounds as possible

Monday, May 21, 2012

Made it successfully through my first competition making Rank 1 in the Long Cycle.  I completed 100 reps on the one arm clean and jerk with a 16kg bell in 10mins.(50 per side, you are allowed to change hands once)  My initial plan was to try for 110reps but after watching other competitors all day I decided to stick with the rep count coach Blackburn set for me which was 10 rpm.  I had about 7seconds to rest in the rack between each minute which really helped conserve energy for the last 2 minutes, which I found to be brutally hard. I was going to try to sprint the last 2minutes but it took all I had not drop the bell.
 Having good form on each lift was more important to me than quantity so sticking with the 10rpm was the smart way go.
I added a 5min 20kg snatch event at the last minute for fun.  You are allowed to change hands as much as you want so it was not that difficult.  I ended up with 52 reps which I was pleased with. It did however tear up my hands and that is going to hinder my training this week. Lesson learned.
To put in the words of a very talented lifter I met this weekend "Kettlebells is Hard"

Todays Class
WU/JM x 10min

Heavy Front Squat 5x3

Dead Snatch x 6/6
One Arm Row x 12/12
HLR x 20
See Saw Press x 1min
OH Walking Lunge x 20
x 3 rounds

I get a few more rest days than its back to work towards Master of Sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment