Abbreviations

OHS-Over head squats 2HS-Two hand swings 1HS-One hand swing CP-Clean and Press PP-Push Press MP-Military Press CJ-Clean and Jerk OALC-One arm long cycle TGU-Turkish Get-Up WU/JM-warm up and joint mobility AMRAP-as many rounds as possible

Monday, May 14, 2012

Breath, Pace, Efficiency of Movement

Competition is next weekend and my training is tapering down this week.
I've been training with the kettlebell for about 10years now and have always recognized the benefits as far enhancing other sports.  However, since starting my GS training my conditioning has gone through the roof.  I assumed that training only one lift would cause other areas of my fitness to suffer but it has been the complete opposite.  GS training has not only gotten me stronger but has also taught me mental toughness, breathing, pacing, how to relax under load, how to move efficiently and to push past pain all of which cross over to every other sport I do. I love this game!!
ME:
16kg OAJLC x 6min 11,11,11 11,11,11
20kg Rack Holds x 1;20 per side x 2
Run 5miles (40min)

Class:
GO HEAVY
TGU x 3/3

4 Rounds for time:
1/4 mile sprint
Kettlebell strength complex
5 double swing
5 double clean
5 double military press
5 double front squat
Do not put the bells down untill all 4 exercises are complete
5 burpee penalty if you drop the bells : )

No comments:

Post a Comment