Abbreviations

OHS-Over head squats 2HS-Two hand swings 1HS-One hand swing CP-Clean and Press PP-Push Press MP-Military Press CJ-Clean and Jerk OALC-One arm long cycle TGU-Turkish Get-Up WU/JM-warm up and joint mobility AMRAP-as many rounds as possible

Friday, April 6, 2012

Beast Mode!!!!

We've been working on max effort for squat, deadlift, military press, cleans and bench and it has been FUN.  Everyone has been going beast mode, hittin huge numbers.  I love seeing the team work, encouragement, high fives, the yelling, the intense faces and the pride when the unexpected is accomplished.  We are finding a base line so next week we can begin "Easy Strength" programs.  "Easy Strength" is a book recently put out by Dan John and Pavel Tsoutsuline. Ive been looking it over for few months now and am excited to get it implemented. I think everyone will really enjoy it.


I worked on my GS training wearing a new pair of lifting shoes generously donated to me by Master of Sports International Class, Donica Storino.  She is an amazing lifter and part of my kettlebell team, I sent a video set in for critique recently and she saw i was training barefoot and offered up her old shoes.  They will be tough shoes to fill!

20kg OAJLC x 1min 15 seconds work/90 seconds rest x 4 Right @ 12rp=48reps total
                                                                                     x 4 Left @ 12rp=48 reps total
This was paced at every 6 seconds which leaves about 1second to rest in the rack,  I was suprised how easy I was putting up the 20kg.  It wasnt untill the last set on the left arm that I felt like I was fatigued.  The shoes definitly help connect the heal to the floor quickly which gave me a stable lockout and power generation from the rack was much greater.  I also recently learned to go directly into the drop from the over head position and rest in the rack before the jerk, amazing difference in energy conservation.  Completly changed the lift for me.  Im really enjoying the physical and mental challenge of GS training. 

NO WOOKS TODAY!!!!

GPP Set as usual!

1 comment:

  1. Nice! You'll be doing some extended sets with the 24 before long! ;)

    ReplyDelete