Abbreviations

OHS-Over head squats 2HS-Two hand swings 1HS-One hand swing CP-Clean and Press PP-Push Press MP-Military Press CJ-Clean and Jerk OALC-One arm long cycle TGU-Turkish Get-Up WU/JM-warm up and joint mobility AMRAP-as many rounds as possible

Thursday, March 3, 2011

My Friday Workout

Taking Ken Blackburns advice on training grip strength, why wouldn't I.   Although I added the extra 2min set with 20kg just to see if I can.  After doing 20kg snatches the 16kg felt a lot lighter, I hope this will be the same with the OAJLC  but I doubt it.

Warm-Up and Joint Mobility x 10min

20kg TGU 5L / 5R
Rest 2min

OAJLC
20kg x 1min per hand-8L / 8R
Rest 2min
16kg x 2min per hand ( Lost count) around 14 each hand
Rest 2min
12kg x 4min per hand 40L / 40R

BB Deadlift
95lbs x 10
115lbs x 5-5-5-5-5

The 20kg TGUs were not as hard as I thought they would be. Don't get me wrong they are tuff but I was able to do them with out much difficulty.   Starting with 20kg for OAJLC did not make the 16kg seem lighter like I hoped, my arms were smoked even the 12kg felt heavy today.  What is it about those clean and jerks that is so hard, my hands felt pretty numb for some time after the workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment