Abbreviations

OHS-Over head squats 2HS-Two hand swings 1HS-One hand swing CP-Clean and Press PP-Push Press MP-Military Press CJ-Clean and Jerk OALC-One arm long cycle TGU-Turkish Get-Up WU/JM-warm up and joint mobility AMRAP-as many rounds as possible

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Non-injury!!!

My new favorite term coming from Dr. Wallace is non-injury.   Nothing brings out misalignment and weakness like hard training- causing non-injuries.  This was the case with my shoulder.  I blamed certain exercises and mechanics for "injuring" my shoulder.  I dealt with two years of pain thinking I just had to except the "fact" that I couldnt do alot of snatches or jerks or presses.  Bullshit- I just needed a little work to put ribs, vertebrae, shoulder and whatever else back into their proper place.  Once this happened, BOOM no pain and my training exploded.   Point being, if you find yourself in pain you probably just need a little fine tuning.  If your knee hurts its probably not from running, otherwise both knees would hurt, it very well could be your hip or ankle.  Get it worked on!!!  Same with shoulders, neck, back ect... Should you stop training?  HELL NO!!! Keep strengthing the weak areas!   Dont let non-injuries rule you and dont use it as an excuse not to train.  If you have pain provocation I can recommend someone to work on it for you.  Hit me up?


Training:
Ive been working on my program givin to me by coach Blackburn which includes GS Sets and GPP Sets.
Out of respect for Ken I wont share my program with public, just know its tough!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment