Abbreviations

OHS-Over head squats 2HS-Two hand swings 1HS-One hand swing CP-Clean and Press PP-Push Press MP-Military Press CJ-Clean and Jerk OALC-One arm long cycle TGU-Turkish Get-Up WU/JM-warm up and joint mobility AMRAP-as many rounds as possible

Thursday, September 15, 2011

We are not meat heads.....

I have a lot of people stop in the gym and tell me they are going to join when they can get a friend to do it with them.  My advise is dont wait.  Are friends are great and we love them but they may not share the common goal of good health and strength.
When I opened Iron Sport my goal was to creat an atmosphere that was fun, friendly and supportive and that is exactly what I got.   For the two or three hours a week my clients are training together they become each others friends, support group and motivation.  My clients are not meat heads or elite athletes flexing and grunting in the mirrors.  They are business men, lawyers, nurses, bankers, hairdressers and laborors, average folks with families and lives outside of the gym, comming together to get a kickass workout with out spending 3 hours.  Nothing makes me happier than to see those who were strangers the week before end up high fiving and even hugging each other after they get through a workout they didn't think they could do.  The  fact is that the people you end up training with will probably be more encouraging and supportive than our friends because they have the same goals.
My point is doint wait for your friends to start you on your path to better health, you will already have the support you need here.  Take control of your own goals, when your friends see that your getting results they will be more likely to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment