Abbreviations

OHS-Over head squats 2HS-Two hand swings 1HS-One hand swing CP-Clean and Press PP-Push Press MP-Military Press CJ-Clean and Jerk OALC-One arm long cycle TGU-Turkish Get-Up WU/JM-warm up and joint mobility AMRAP-as many rounds as possible

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Training 2-15-12

Morning Practice
WU/JM x 10min

4min L/ 4min R OAJLC set at 8sec. intervals -16kg Focus on breathing
16kg snatches 20L/20R,
                       10L/10R x 3
24kg 2H swing  10x5

JM x 10min

PM Practice
Deadlift 175 x 5
             155 x 5
Pull 3x3

3 rounds
BB Curls x5(I dont know why, just for fun I guess) 45#bar
Slow Push Up x5
Ab Wheel x 5

Thursday
Deadlift 185 x 1,1,1
85# BB Clean and Squat practic 3x3

Side note: 
I love strength training, but it is a really small part of who I am.  I train to enhance the activities I engage in outside the gym.  I dont care about how heavy I can lift, I care about keeping a strong a back and healthy spine, I dont eat healthy to look good naked, I eat healthy because it helps to keep me free of disease,  and though my love of kb training  is leading me towards competition I will not care if I never adorn a title next to my name.  I dont train to be good at training and I would never train in pursuit of vanity.  My goal is to be free of doctors, prescription drugs, illness and disease, to be strong enough to hike with 40#s on my back over several mountain passes and have enough energy to wake up the next day and do it again.  Working out is not my life but is a major part of enhancing it.  I train 20 to 30mins, 3 times a week the rest of my time, other than work,  is spent outside, gardening, hiking, skiing, painting and reading.  I want all my clients to shift their goals from "I want to be in shape for summer" to "I want to be healthy".   If everone has the goal of perfect health then they would eat natural food and train to be as strong as possible, from there all other attributes of training will naturally fall into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment